A company bike that we made for the German firm CARTAGO. If you like this approach, we will gladly do another project for you inspired by this design.
Cartago is a versatile single-speed city bike. You can have it made to order in the configuration of an aggressive road bike, a comfortable commuter, or as a slayer of forests, towpaths, and backcountry trails.
Thanks to the single-speed drivetrain, it is simpler, cheaper and lighter than our standard city bikes with Nexus 8 hubs.
Gear ratio can be chosen according to your needs.
Remember that we will create this bike, especially for you, and you decide on its final look and configuration. The frame can be permanently signed with your name or nickname.
The technical details of individual parts and information on frame geometry can be found below.
The price is for a bike matching the specification below. Configuration shown in photos may be different
Bike design: Tadek Ciechanowski
Choose your setup
- finish | We paint our frames, forks and other metal parts after an order is placed which allows us to freely modify their colours and add details in a cost-competitive way. Each of our frames is unique with its owner's name burnt out on it forever. We use a special combination of wet paint and powder coating for a stunning visual effect and great durability
- frame | Made of triple butted aluminium tubes (Al6061), smooth welded, featuring horizontal dropouts (track ends) with integrated chain tensioners, frame's weight 1500-1750 g depending on its size
- fork | Fork legs made of aluminium Al6061, fork's steerer tube made of Cro-Mo steel, fork's weight 750 g
- headset | Made by TANGE (Japanese, high quality brand), semi-integrated, 1 1/8, with industrial bearings, double sealed
- Power transmission | Front 44 / back 20 teeth (adjustments possible)
- Crankset | Crank's length 165mm, BCD 135mm, produced for Loca Bikes (direct import)
- Gears | Single speed freewheel. If you change your mind we can easily mount Shimano Nexus 8, Shimano Alfine or any other internal geared hub
- pedals | Exustar E-PC915 - lightweight aluminum flat pedals with interchangeable pins
- handlebar | XLC (Riser), Promax (Cruiser), Promax (Cafe Racer), all made of butted, durable aluminium
- Grips | High quality XLC 100% silicone grips with an ergonomic shape and outstanding shock absorbing features
- stem | Promax DA 274, made of butted 6061 aluminium
- saddle | Selle Royal SETA, made by top quality Italian producer, low weight and high comfort, flat design allowing convenient change of riding position
- seatpost | XLC All Ride SP-001, 27,2 mm, 300mm length, light, made of butted Al 6061
- wheels | Continental Contact Speed 700x37c 120TPI tires with an advanced anti-puncture system, Schwalbe tubes, High Pressure Schwalbe rim bands, Shimano road hub front and rear, LOCA bikes 41 mm rims (direct import), Sapim Leader Black spokes
- brakes | Tektro R559, top quality dual pivot caliper brakes, cold forged, very effective
- weight | 9 kg (CT 50)
When designing the frames for our city bikes, we used the geometry of our single speeds as the heart. We modified them accordingly to allow a more upright riding position while maintaining high dynamics and great riding properties. The wider wheelbase and the modified rear triangle allow for the installation of fenders and a Shimano Nexus 8 multi-speed hub, making our city bikes perfect for commuting and effectively enabling you to get around the city in all weather conditions.
|a||Size c-t (mm)||500||530||560||590||620|
|b||Top tube horiz. (mm)||538||549||554||559||562|
|c||Head tube (mm)||135||140||150||160||180|
|d||Chain stay (mm)||445||445||445||445||445|
|e||Head tube angle (°)||73||73||73||73||73|
|f||Seat tube angle (°)||74||73,5||73||73||72,5|
|h||Standover height (mm)||795||805||815||832||845|