The beauty of raw, triple-butted aluminum tubes that have only been coated with a clear lacquer.
Our city bikes are real chameleons of the urban jungle. Based on this frame, you can build a comfortable city bike that will get you to work quickly and safely, a reliable gravel bike with belt drive and a geared hub, or a minimalist single speed bike. Maybe you are interested in a different configuration? Choose for yourself!
- Clearance for a max of 700x45c tires
- Front 100x12 mm thru axle
- Full carbon fork and tapered headtube
- Choose from 11-speed, 8-speed or 1-speed (single speed) drivetrain - pick the one that suits you best!
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping power in all conditions
- Possibility to mount full-length fenders, rear rack, and two bottle cages
- On request, we can fit tubeless tires
- The geometry, inspired by the gravel bikes, will allow you to cross junctions comfortably, as well as riding off into the unknown on gravel paths
- Frame made of 7020 aluminium, which is stronger, lighter and has better damping properties than the popular 6061T6 alloy.
- Our city frames are made by hand in Poland, Gliwice. They go through extensive tests in the factories and have already survived many thousands of kilometres covered in European cities and on cycling tours. The entire design, construction and painting of the frames are also local processes.
Remember! At Loca Bikes, our bikes are always made to order. If you would like to change the paintwork or have any special requests concerning the configuration, let us know!
The technical details of individual parts and information on frame geometry can be found below.
The price is for a bike matching the specification below. The configuration shown in photos may be different
We still have some sizes of frames made in Taiwan available. These models are built on AL6061 tubes, have rim brakes and aluminium forks. They are cheaper by 430€ Please, contact us if you are interested. The pictures of the bike show the previous generation frame.
Bike design: Aleksander Zemke
Choose your setup
- finish // We paint our frames, forks and other metal parts after an order is placed which allows us to freely modify their colours and add details in a cost-competitive way. We use a combination of wet paint and powder coating for a stunning visual effect and great durability. Frames are hand-painted in Lower Silesia, Poland
- frame// Made in Poland of aluminium tubing from German manufacturer (Al7020), smooth welded, frame's weight 1800-2000 g, depending on the size
- fork// Full carbon, tapered, fork's weight 390 g
- headset// Tange, integrated, 1 1/8"-1,5", double sealed industrial bearings
- Power transmission// Front 46 / back 16 teeth (adjustments possible)
- Crankset// Crank's length 165 mm, BCD 135 mm, produced for Loca Bikes (direct import)
- Gears// Maintenance-free, weatherproof Shimano Nexus 8 or Shimano Alfine 11 speed gear hub. Single speed option is also available
- pedals// Exustar E-PC915 - lightweight aluminum flat pedals with interchangeable pins
- handlebar// Riser/Cruiser/Dropbar, made of butted AL6061 by XLC/Promax/Ergotec/Ritchey (depending on a model)
- Grips/Tape// high quality 100% silicone grips with an ergonomic shape and outstanding shock absorbing features, Ergotec Vigo bartape
- stem// SDS By Schultz/Ritchey (various sizes available)
- saddle// Fizik Monte (possibility of mounting Brooks Cambium C15 Carved saddle, additional cost 89€)
- seatpost// Ergotec Viper, 30,9 mm, 400 mm length, light, made of butted Al 6061
- wheels // Continental Contact Speed 700x38c 60TPI tires with an advanced anti-puncture system, Schwalbe tubes, High Pressure Schwalbe rim bands, DT Swiss 370 hub (front wheel), Shimano Nexus 8 gear hub (rear wheel), DT Swiss 470 rims, Sapim Leader Black spokes
- brakes // Shimano BR-M6100/BL-M6100, Dual piston hydraulic brakes with Servo Wave technology to increase braking power and improve modulation. Microshift shift levers and mechanical disc brakes are used for the dropbar handlebar and gear hub combination.
- weight // from 9 kg (Size S (50 cm), single speed drivetrain)
The geometry of Loca Bikes city frames closely resembles our gravels. The wider wheelbase and modified rear triangle allow the fitting of belt drive and gear hub, making our city bikes highly versatile and allowing you to move around the city efficiently in all weather conditions. The balance between stability and responsive handling, will allow you to take the bike to less traveled paths and use it as a gravel bike.
|a||Seat tube c-t (mm)||500||530||560||590|
|b||Effective top tube (mm)||537||546||564||589|
|c||Head tube (mm)||110||130||160||180|
|e||Head tube angle (°)||71||71,6||71,6||71,6|
|f||Seat tube angle (°)||74||74||74||74|
|h||BB drop (mm)||72||72||72||72|