Our steel frames are perfect if you're looking for a bike that has to be ready for anything. High strength, excellent vibration damping and
a relaxed geometry make this the ultimate bike for long bikepacking trips.
Remember! At Loca Bikes, our bikes are always made to order. If you would like to change the paintwork or have any special requests concerning the configuration, let us know!
- Balanced geometry for stability and comfort on demanding long rides
- The frame is made of Italian Columbus Zona steel tubing, which provides a great compromise between weight and strength. These steel tubes dampen vibrations much better than aluminium constructions. The dropouts, head tubes and bottom bracket shells are made in the USA by Paragon Machine Works
- Our steel gravel frames are hand welded in Poland They have survived many races and bikepacking expeditions. The whole project, design and painting of the frames are also local processes.
- Clearance up to max of 700x45c tires
- Thru axles (100x12 mm front, 142x12 mm rear)
- Full carbon fork and tapered headtube
- Possibility to mount full-length fenders, rear rack, three bottle cages on a frame, two on the fork and a direct mount top tube bag
- On request, we can fit tubeless tires
This bike has been created for an individual order. If you like this direction, we would be happy to create a similar design for you. For this reason, complicated painting is not included in the price - we will quote it for you individually.
Price includes raw frame, matte black carbon fork, Tange integrated headset, seatpost clamp and thru axles. It also includes painting in
a base RAL color with lettering on the down tube and standard Loca Bikes signatures and logos.
Graphic designs and painting according to the customer's idea are possible. In this case, we will make you an individual quote.
The technical details of individual parts and information on frame geometry can be found below.
The price is for a bike matching the specification below. Configuration shown in photos may be different.
Sizes 50 cm and 59 cm are produced in Wroclaw in a handcraft workshop and brazed with brass and silver. The 53 cm and 56 cm sizes are produced in our factory near Gliwice, the joining method is TIG welding. Due to boutique production, the frames in 50 cm and 59 cm sizes are more expensive.
Bike design: Tadek Ciechanowski
Choose your setup
- finish // We paint our frames, forks and other metal parts after an order is placed which allows us to freely modify their colours and add details in a cost-competitive way. We use
a combination of wet paint and powder coating for a stunning visual effect and great durability. Frames are hand-painted in Lower Silesia, Poland
- frame // Made in Poland with Italian Columbus Zona tubing, dropouts, bottom bracket shells and head tubes are made in USA by Paragon Machine Works, frame weight approx. 2100 g, depending on size
- fork // Full carbon, tapered, 450 g
- headset // Token, Token TK036A, semi-integrated, ZS44 / 28.6 | EC44 / 40
- THRU AXLES // Ergotec Vigo, hex key bar ends
- BOTTOM BRACKET SHELL // BSA 68 mm
- SEATPOST DIAMETER // 31,6 mm
The geometry of our steel bikes is much more relaxed than the aluminium model.
A significantly higher head tube, and space for 700x45c tyres make the steel Loca the most comfortable bike we have created. It will be perfect for bikepacking expeditions or ultramarathons. At the same time, we've kept the balance - the rear triangle is still relatively short, and the bike feels great during sprints.
|a||Seat tube c-t (mm)||500||530||560||590|
|b||Effective top tube (mm)||533||550||569||587|
|c||Head tube (mm)||110||140||160||180|
|e||Head tube angle (°)||71||71||71,6||72|
|f||Seat tube angle (°)||73||73||73||73|
|h||BB drop (mm)||72||72||72||72|