Orange & Green
Our steel frames are perfect if you're looking for a bike that has to be ready for anything. High strength, excellent vibration damping and a relaxed geometry make this the ultimate bike for long bikepacking trips.
- Clearance up to max of 700x45c tires
- Thru axles (100x12 mm front, 142x12 mm rear)
- Full carbon fork and tapered headtube
- Possibility to mount full-length fenders, rear rack, three bottle cages on a frame, two on the fork and a direct mount top tube bag
- On request, we can fit tubeless tires
- Balanced geometry for stability and comfort on demanding long rides
- The frame is made of Italian Columbus Zona steel tubing, which provides a great compromise between weight and strength. These steel tubes dampen vibrations much better than aluminium constructions. The dropouts, head tubes and bottom bracket shells are made in the USA by Paragon Machine Works
- Our steel gravel frames are hand welded in Poland by Kajak from Kajak Custom manufacture - one of the most famous framebuilders in Poland. These frames have survived many races and bikepacking expeditions. The whole project, design and painting of the frames are also local processes.
Remember! At Loca Bikes, our bikes are always made to order. If you would like to change the paintwork or have any special requests concerning the configuration, let us know!
The technical details of individual parts and information on frame geometry can be found below.
The price is for a bike matching the specification below. Configuration shown in photos may be different.
Bike design: Tadek Ciechanowski
Choose your setup
- finish // We paint our frames, forks and other metal parts after an order is placed which allows us to freely modify their colours and add details in a cost-competitive way. We use a combination of wet paint and powder coating for a stunning visual effect and great durability. Frames are hand-painted in Lower Silesia, Poland
- frame // Made in Poland with Italian Columbus Zona tubing, dropouts, bottom bracket shells and head tubes are made in USA by Paragon Machine Works, frame weight approx. 2100 g, depending on size
- fork // Full carbon, tapered, fork's weight 450 g
- headset // Tange, integrated, 1 1/8"-1,5", double sealed industrial bearings
- groupset // Shimano GRX R400 2x10: crank 46-30t, cassette 11-36t | Shimano GRX RX800 2x11: crank 46-30t, cassette 11-34t | Shimano GRX RX800 1x11: crank 40t, cassette 11-42t
- crankset// Shimano GRX RX600-10 172.5 mm | Shimano GRX RX600-11 172.5 mm | Shimano GRX RX600-1 172.5 mm
- pedals // None, the possibility of installing SPD PD-M540, or Exustar E-PC915 (additional cost 35€)
- handlebar // Loca Bikes Gravel butted Al6061, 44 cm (other sizes and shapes available)
- bar tape// Ergotec Vigo, hex key bar ends
- stem// Truvativ Stylo T20, butted Al6061 (other sizes available)
- saddle // Fizik Monte 143 mm, the possibility of mounting the Brooks Cambium C15 Carved All Weather saddle (additional cost 89€)
- seatpost// XLC/Promax, 30,9 mm (20 mm or 0 mm offset available)
- wheels // Made by polish manufacture VYTYV
Standard: VYTYV 32H aluminium rims (700C or 650B), DT Swiss 370 hubs, Sapim Leader Black spokes, 1700 g
Lite: VYTYV GCX 28H aluminium rims (700C), DT Swiss 350 hubs, Sapim Laser spokes, 1550 g
Superlite: VYTYV RC31 24H carbon rims (700C), DT Swiss 350 hubs, Sapim CX Ray Spokes, 1250 g
Finish: Panaracer Gravelking SK tires 700x43c/650x47c (other sizes and models available), High Pressure Schwalbe rim bands, Paragon Machine Works thru-axles (Made in USA)
- brakes // hydraulic disc brakes from the selected groupset, flat mount, Shimano SM-RT64 160 mm discs
- weight // approx. 10 kg, depending on size and configuration
The geometry of our steel bikes is much more relaxed than the aluminium model. A significantly higher head tube, and space for 700x45c tyres make the steel Loca the most comfortable bike we have created. It will be perfect for bikepacking expeditions or ultramarathons. At the same time, we've kept the balance - the rear triangle is still relatively short, and the bike feels great during sprints.
|a||Seat tube c-t (mm)||500||530||560||590|
|b||Effective top tube (mm)||536||549||565||578|
|c||Head tube (mm)||110||145||160||180|
|e||Head tube angle (°)||71||71||71,6||72|
|f||Seat tube angle (°)||73||73||73||73|
|h||BB drop (mm)||72||72||72||72|